As Unlimited transitions into a new independent organisation, it’s time to find someone to design and develop a new website to match ready to launch the new organisation in April 2022 along with a new visual identity…
We were delighted to have a strong response to our call out to help us redefine our visual identity. Next, we’ve been thinking hard about the web – what we have and what we need, who our audiences are, and who they could be. It’s time now to translate that into action as the next piece of our jigsaw.
We know Unlimited needs to develop a website which better communicates our brand and delivers an improved user experience, meeting the needs of our different audience groups. We want a site that allow users to quickly and easily find content that’s relevant to them.
Specific objectives include:
- a site that communicates Unlimited’s vision, values, and key messages effectively and with impact
- a design that makes it clear what Unlimited offers to various audiences
- a highly accessible site which meets the needs of a diverse and inclusive user base, including users with a range of access needs
- ensuring relevant information is easy to find
- encouraging users to engage with Unlimited through clear calls to action
We are looking for someone to work collaboratively with us to understand and scope out our requirements and help find the best solutions to meet our objectives rather than someone to go off and design something without our involvement.
We would particularly like to explore the following questions:
- The Unlimited programme has grown significantly since the website was initially created. How do we show the scale and impact of the programme, and how do we ensure the new site has capacity for future growth?
- The current blog area is a catch-all for lots of types of content (news, opportunities, case studies, events). How do we organise this information to ensure current content can be prioritised and evergreen content isn’t lost?
- We are keen to maximise the potential of content which attracts new audiences to the site. How do we engage those users who visit a single blog post/resource?
- We regularly produce content in different formats to meet our users access needs. How do we present multiple formats in a way that’s user friendly?
The full brief is available here in Word format and as a PDF. We are happy to supply it in alternative formats upon request.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm, Friday 30 April 2021
Interviews: w/c 17 May 2021
Appointment of website developer: Friday 28 May 2021
Website design and build: June – December 2021
Content entry and snagging: January – March 2022
Launch of new Unlimited and website: April 2022
Fee: £12,500 (inc VAT)
Proposals should be submitted to Sam Scott Wood (communications consultant) by email to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 30 April 2021. Proposals should be no more than 20 pages, including details about you/your company, your proposed process, examples of previous work, and two client references, as well as a costing.
A shortlist of applicants will be invited to meet members of the team and board (by Zoom) to present their proposals in the week commencing 17 May 2021. We will respond to all applicants to let people know if they have been invited to interview or not.
If you have any questions, please contact Sam Scott Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org).