As Unlimited transitions into an independent organisation, there are a number of roles that will need to be filled – some to support specific elements of the new company and some to work for us. We want to reach the widest and most diverse range of applicants possible for all our roles so please do help us share the opportunities. And if you know someone that might be a great fit, please pass the information their way. Want to know what we are currently looking for? Read on!
There are three opportunities available:
- Artists Support Role – a full time team member role
- Visual Identity brief – a contract to develop a new visual identity for Unlimited
- Board – a chance to join the board for people with finance and/or legal skills
Artists Support Role
Unlimited is looking for a full-time team member, based anywhere in the UK. The individual taking on the Artists Support role will be a part of the core Unlimited team in the delivery of all elements of the Unlimited programme.
They will help support Unlimited artists and coordinate, deliver, and evaluate Unlimited activities, alongside the team, helping develop and working within the new organisation’s guidelines and policies.
Specifically, the role will be to manage the following: supporting artists that Unlimited are already working with, inducting and contracting new artists into being supported by Unlimited, being part of developing new independent systems for the new independent Unlimited organisations, plus other core delivery team tasks.
Currently, each member of the team is a ‘key contact’ for a number of artists in our alumni – this includes awarded and shortlisted artists, artists who have gained bursaries, and more. Key contact responsibilities include monitoring each artist’s contract and requirements to ensure their work is on track, supporting on marketing, access, showcasing, touring/sharing, and that the relevant data on audiences is collected and logged, monitoring the impact/response to work, and ensuring evaluation materials are completed.
The team also runs an Allies scheme and delivers a number of training events (on our own or more usually in partnership with Allies), attends and/or speak at sector events, and more. Our Allies scheme will also be redeveloped during this period, so some elements may link to adapting the current scheme and ensuring its fit for purpose.
We encourage people from any background to apply for this post. We are committed to creating a team which is representative of our society, and to bringing together those with a variety of skills and experiences to help shape what we do and how we work.
The salary for this role is between £23,000 and £25,000 depending on experience.
BSL version of brief available below.
Applications are via the Submittable platform – you can apply here. You can apply by uploading video or audio formats if you wish.
Please apply by 12 noon Friday 12 March 2021.
Visual Identity brief
This is an opportunity to create a new visual identity and brand elements for Unlimited to coincide with the launch of Unlimited as an independent organisation.
We are looking for someone/a team who will work with us to create a visual identity which:
- Can be used to launch the new organisation, signify its evolution into a new organisation, and to mark this next stage in Unlimited’s development
- Reflects Unlimited’s new mission and values
- Resonates with Unlimited’s audiences (including both artists and professionals in the cultural sector)
- Creates consistency across all touchpoints, online and offline (print, website, social media, email)
- Is designed to work across UK and international contexts
- Is designed with accessibility at its heart, meeting the highest accessibility standards and created for and with the involvement of disabled artists
The outputs of this contract should include:
- Logo mark (including versions for use by Unlimited and partners/award recipients)
- Visual identity comprising use of typefaces, colour palette etc
- Brand guidelines covering use of the logo mark and visual identity and suggested approaches for a variety of online and offline assets
- Design of key assets to be agreed, including a piece of promotional print to launch the new Unlimited, business cards, and social media profile icons
- An overall approach for website design (which can be developed by the web developer) and liaison with web developers during the design process
The fee for this contract is £5000 including VAT
Proposals are to be submitted to Sam Scott Wood (communications consultant) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 26 February 2021.
Proposals should be no more than 20 pages, including details about you/your company, your proposed process, examples of previous work and two client references, as well as a costing (please see brief for further information).
As mentioned in our blog introducing our new board members, we don’t yet have a legal or financial expert on the board. And so we are looking for advisors to help us in year one, whilst we are still building systems and processes for the new organisation before we formally and fully separate from Shape and Artsadmin at the end of March 2022. Please get in contact if you are interested in helping us (email: email@example.com )
Over this year, we’ll be looking out for gaps in the knowledge, skills, and lived experience of our board, and then calling out too for new members to fill those gaps. Watch out in 2021 for news on what we might need next!
Callout for the board in BSL format below: